What Are the Type of Bronchoscopy?
The two types of bronchoscopy are following.
- Rigid Bronchoscopy: In contrast, rigid bronchoscopy employs a larger and rigid bronchoscope. This type of bronchoscopy is usually reserved for more complex cases, such as treating significant airway obstructions or obtaining samples from deeper areas of the lungs. Rigid bronchoscopy provides better access and control during interventions, making it beneficial in managing certain tumors or controlling airway bleeding.
- Flexible Bronchoscopy: This is the most common type of bronchoscopy. It involves using a thin, flexible bronchoscope that is inserted through the nose or mouth into the airways. Flexible bronchoscopy allows doctors to visualize the lungs and airways in detail, aiding in the diagnosis of lung diseases, obtaining tissue samples (biopsy), and removing foreign objects or mucus plugs that may cause airway blockages.
When is a Bronchoscopy Required?
- Persistent Cough
- Unexplained Lung Infections
- Abnormal Chest X-ray or CT
- Suspicion of Lung Cancer
- Presence of Foreign Object
- Evaluation of Lung Diseases
When is the procedure for bronchoscopy?
If you are in Varanasi and experiencing respiratory issues, a bronchoscopy procedure might be recommended to investigate and treat your condition effectively. Bronchoscopy is a valuable medical procedure that involves examining the airways and lungs using a bronchoscope, a thin, flexible tube with a camera and light at its tip. Here are some situations when a bronchoscopy might be required:
- A blockage
- An infection
- A tumour
In Varanasi, you can find experienced bronchoscopy doctors and modern medical facilities equipped to perform this procedure. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms or conditions, consulting a bronchoscopy doctor in Varanasi can help determine if the procedure is necessary to address your specific respiratory concerns and provide the appropriate treatment.
Risk associated with Bronchoscopy?
Bronchoscopy is generally considered a safe procedure, but like any medical intervention, it carries some risks. If you are considering bronchoscopy treatment in Varanasi, it's essential to be aware of these potential risks and discuss them with your bronchoscopy doctor in Varanasi before undergoing the procedure.